The Rhythm Village is proud of the great milestones we have achieved in our private music therapy sessions. Our private sessions take place at the homes of our clients, in schools, at Adult Day Programs or in Community Centres. They are generally conducted on a one-on-one basis, but can also be run in small groups of 3 or 4 people.
We work with clients, parents and carers to identify the needs of our clients and create customised programs that work towards these goals and objectives.
Our private music therapy sessions target areas including:
- Communication; Receptive and Expressive language and Social Engagement
- Behaviour; Managing Anger and Frustration
- Motor Skills; Dexterity and Mobility
- Cognition; Memory, Focus, Motivation
- Mood and Emotions
- Capacity Building and Community Participation; Empowerment, Purpose, Belonging, Self Expression
- Creativity and Self Confidence
Our Music Therapy sessions involve exploring a range of instruments, and for higher functioning clients, these sessions can also help them work towards learning an instrument, such as guitar, piano or drums.
As The Rhythm Village is a registered NDIS Service Provider, you are able to access our private music therapy sessions through your NDIS plans. Sessions fall under the Capacity Building category CB: Improved Daily Living.
If you would like to find out more about music therapy with The Rhythm Village, please contact us.